Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past
- Marine - The first character to appear in the on-going series. He is very quiet. He talks only to Noir Lime, near the end of the game. He is a protagonist of the game, as well as in PB2. He uses a variety of weapons, from Assault Rifles, to Plasma Cannons.
- Human Soldiers - The main force in Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past. They are the antagonistic faction, along with the androids, and aliens in the game. They wear blue armor, along with a helmet (although some don't use helmets) with a visor, either yellow, red, or blue. These soldiers use the early Assault Rifle C-01r, Shotgun C-01s, and Pistol C-01p, while others use Rocket Launchers, or the deadly Plasma Cannon. They usually appear in groups of two or more, and almost never fight alone. They are hostile to the protagonists and the Androids.
- Grubs - The second faction to appear, after the humans. They use Shotguns, Rocket Launchers, or Ray Rifles as hand cannons. There are two types of Grubs. The first is yellow in color and is the most common Grub. It only uses the grub shotgun, which has good stopping power. The second unit is the Elite Grub, which uses the other weapons, as well as having better armor. As well as the Human Soldiers, they are enemies against the player.
- Falkoks - The fourth enemy in-game. They are a highly advanced alien species, who use high-tech weapons against their foes. They have jet-packs, which are useful in battle. They also have a second kind, the Phoenix Falkok, which is the most powerful enemy in PB1. They only use the Plasma Cannon, and only appear in the last level. They also have Robot Omega, a giant powerful robot which injured Noir Lime before the Marine defeated it. They are the first alien life form in the series, and Robot Omega being possibly the first android, as the Grubs may be cyborgs.
- Upgrade your armor, as well as your helmet.
- Always upgrade your weapons - as you progress, the enemies will get stronger as in HP and armor.
- Grenades are quite useful.
- When an enemy soldier hits/damages an ally they will start trying to kill each other.
- Hold E in order to drag a dead enemy/ally.
- Many of the weapons here are related to guns in Plazma Burst 2.
- This game uses cut scenes to represent the story.
- The Assault Rifle C-01r is the iconic loading screen picture of the first game.
- When fully upgraded, the Marine can fire two Pistols simultaneously, with increased fire rate.
- The Assault Rifle C-01 has a different firing sound effect than its Plazma Bust 2 version.
- So far only 3 enemies, both types of Falkoks and the yellow Grub, have been added to PB2 as skins.
- If you clear level 11 without having the Assault Rifle in your inventory, you'll get a free, fully upgraded one.
- Walls can't protect you against explosives, unlike Plazma Burst 2.
- If you find/buy the Rocket Launcher, your grenades count will be increased from 3 to 15 (for both Marine and Noir Lime). However, if you pick it up on a level, you'll have to finish that level before you get more grenades.
- Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past has previous version called Plazma Burst 1.6, (re-released by Eric Gurt in 2010 in order to implement Coolbuddy's ads). PB1.6 features slightly different skins, backgrounds, objects, and only contains 10 playable levels. It is notably harder than final version.
- Levels can be repeated in order to farm money to make the game easier.
- The unknown planet might be Mars, the place where the Ray Rifle TCoRR was made.