The Alien Rifle is a long-range, accurate battle rifle used by the Usurpation Forces. The Alien Rifle is a fairly slow-firing weapon with considerable knockback, damage, and penetration. It is one of the most common weapons in the game, being used by nearly all ranks of the Usurpation Forces, with the exception of the Advanced Usurpation Soldier.
The Alien Rifle is very different in appearance from the other assault rifles. It does not feature a laser sight, and it is uniform in its dull golden color, giving it a basic, plain appearance. The weapon is shaped like a long trapezoid-type figure, with various attachments underneath. The Alien Rifle features a curved section on the back that resembles a grip, trigger guard, and stock. Strangely, this gun does not feature an actual trigger, and the guard does not enclose any type of firing mechanism. There is a symbol on the barrel of the weapon that resembles three dashes. This is most likely used when the gun is operating.
The Alien Rifle is characterized by having great accuracy and penetration, but a slow, sluggish fire rate. It has a fairly high stopping power, especially when compared with the other rifles, in terms of damage and knocking the enemy off balance.
This gun can easily be picked up in the first, second and third levels of the campaign. The Alien Rifle is the standard weapon used by the Usurpation Soldiers and can be found in nearly every level containing these aliens, however, it can only be picked up from these enemies in the early levels of the game. The Alien Rifle can be bought from the equipment shop for $1400 and upgraded for $300. The full price for this weapon is $2300, making it the most expensive fully-upgraded rifle.
- Its stopping power is rivaled by the upgraded Ray Gun C-01y.
- This weapon becomes obsolete in the later campaign levels, as enemies become stronger and more balanced. High rate-of-fire rifles become more important as the game progresses, as they deal more damage per second and therefore kill quicker.
- When fully upgraded, its recoil is very weak, making it a great all-round weapon for early levels.
- This rifle is mostly used in long range rather than in short range.
- The Alien Rifle has a multi-shot version called the Alien Shotgun.
- It has the slowest fire rate out of all rifles in the game.
- Along with the Pistol C-01p, the Sniper Rifle CS-YippeeKiYay, and the Ray Gun C-01y, the Alien Rifle has the best penetration in the game.
- It can be used for getting free money in-game, by picking up the rifle on level 1, completing the level, and going to the Shop and trading it in for the Assault Rifle CS-RC.
- When fully upgraded, it can penetrate through bodies. The Alien Rifle is the only rifle with this trait.
- It has a higher head shot damage than most slot 2 weapons.
- If you listen closely, a quiet discharge can be heard after the shot.