The Androids are an enemy faction in Plazma Burst 2. They are a sentient race of AI machines that are hostile to the other factions, including the Marine and his allies. In some rare cases in the Plazma Burst 2 campaign however, androids can serve as minor allies to the heroes. They possess an array of weaponry, ranging from Railguns, to Rocket Launchers. The Androids encountered throughout the series are fairly unique from one another. In Plazma Burst 2, there are two sub-classes of androids, from the fast and agile Android SLC-56, to the more humanoid Android T-01187.
In Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past, Grubs are often considered androids and share many features with the androids of the second game. However, grubs are generally regarded to be cyborgs, and not androids, as they are technically 'alive.'
They are the fastest enemies in the campaign, and the most numerous Android enemy. The Android SLC-56s wield dangerous weapons like Lite Railguns, Alien Shotguns, Rocket Launchers, and sometimes Heavy Railguns. In Level 42, the player can control an Android SLC-56 armed with a Heavy Railgun. Only two are seen carrying Alien Shotguns, which can be activated as teammates in level 37.
One of the rarest enemies in Plazma Burst 2, these androids are only found in level 8. These androids are more humanoid in appearance than the other androids. They mostly use the Alien Shotgun, and they are found in groups. A few are seen carrying Rocket Launchers. These androids are slower and weaker than their SLC-56 counterparts, both in terms of firepower and armor. The Android T-01187 is a relatively easy enemy to fight.
- The Android T-01187s are actually not supposed to carry Alien Shotguns; Eric Gurt said he simply forgot to replace their weapons as he liked their look, so this is not regarded as canon.
- They are the rarest and smallest of the enemy factions.
- Both Plazma Burst 2 androids are primarily white, have red visors and sport a similar design.
- Originally, Grubs were believed to be androids. This was later confirmed as not true by Eric Gurt.
- Eric Gurt revealed that the Androids are apart of a faction that appeared during the Usurpation invasion, although anything further is unknown.