Civil Security Ghost
The Civil Security Ghost (commonly shortened to Ghost) is a dangerous cloaking Civil Security enemy in Plazma Burst 2. The Civil Security Ghosts can be considered the special forces of the Civil Security ranks, due to their special abilities. They wear advanced armor that can make them invisible to their enemies. They generally use PSI Blades, where they are most adept at and can dispatch the Marine in a matter of seconds if he gets close enough. These soldiers were most likely designed for special recon missions due to their stealth capabilities.
Their armor resembles that of the Civil Security Lite, but is different in that the Civil Ghosts' armor is completely black with the exception of the visor, which is bright green. When first spotted, they are visible but only for the few seconds it takes for the armor to engage the cloaking mechanism. When a Ghost is injured they will become visible for a few seconds, if they are mortally wounded they will become translucent (partially visible) until they either die, in which case their corpse becomes fully visible or until healed, where they will invisible to enemies again.
Civil Security Ghosts are commonly seen with PSI Blades. They are stealthier operatives, after all, therefore using stealth to their own advantage to kill their Enemies and have nobody know. They serve as the most common of Civil Security Ghost units, and without proper care, they will assassinate the player with ease. They swing faster as well.
There are only four Ghosts that carry shotguns in the campaign. These four units are not the most silent out of the other Civil Security Ghost units, as their shots can give away their position, but still pose a threat.
One single unit in the PB2 Campaign carries a Heavy Railgun v04 CS-OneSOneK and will try to ambush you at the beginning of level 26 (or with a Sniper Rifle on Impossible).
Civil Security Ghosts are an rare and incredibly dangerous foe. These enemies are usually found alone or in very large groups, spanning entire levels. They can be found only in levels 25, 26, 33 and 42.
- They tend to flank the player either from behind, below, above or even in front of you. Pay attention to their movements once you are in view of them. You should never counterattack them with your PSI Blades, as they will likely kill you faster than you can touch them, and they tend to come in bunches.
- A good weapon to use against the Ghosts would be a weapon that does not fire projectiles that can be mirrored with swords. Ex. Plasmagun CS-Bloom.
- The music intensifies when you get near one, use this to your advantage. (If you turn off the music, you can still rely on the sound, since the Ghosts will make a "Shing!" noise when they spot you.)
- The Marine will still say "Enemy!" or "He's in front!" when they are close to you. Use this for your advantage.
- When getting sliced by a Ghost, immediately activate Time Warp and try to shoot at the direction where you are getting sliced. If lucky, this may injure/kill the attacker; if unlucky, your projectiles would be mirrored back to you via the Ghost's swords.
- Piling up corpses, weapons and shrapnel from barrels can help you detect them, as they will still kick up debris as they walk.
- Civil Security Ghosts are visible when the player is dead, no matter which team (this only works in multiplayer). This can be used to report their positions to your allies or to set up a trap for any other opposition who are invisible.
- Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to press anything to become invisible as a ghost in multiplayer. You are by default.
The visible variant of the Ghost does not use the following lines, and uses the same lines as the other Civil Security characters.
- Civil Security Ghosts will make a shing sound when they spot an enemy. This may be a sign of communication to alert other ghosts to your presence, or a sound produced by their cloaking device. Use this to your advantage; when you hear the noise, you know a ghost has spotted you, so you must be alert.
- AI-controlled characters don't care about invisibility and will always see the Ghosts.
- For some reason, the visible Ghost makes a CS Lite death sound. This could be due to laziness on the developer's part, a simple mistake, or an intended feature.
- They only give off one death noise, while the other Civil Security Troops make 2 or more sounds upon death.
- In COOP matches, you and your allies can see CS Ghosts as long as they are on your team. If you a versing a player who is a Ghost, you cannot see him until he is injured or dead.
- The Ghost might have been thought up from the Terran Ghost unit from the game Starcraft, since the Terran Ghost also has green goggles, black armor, and the ability to cloak.
- They are used in "slenderman" maps, where there is one ghost, but many players and the ghost has to kill each player.
- The LED indicators on the Sniper Rifle CS-YippeeKiYay can target a Ghost, giving away its position.
- Most of their armor is the same as the Civil Security Lite's, but the armor on their forearm is that of a Civil Security Heavy or a Civil Security Boss.
- Ghosts become visible when you use the cheat code 'debug'.
- If you play as an invisible ghost in Singleplayer, you wont be able to see yourself unless you are dying, or taking damage. You can, however, shoot your guns to reveal your position. However, you can see yourself in Multiplayer.
|Protagonists||Marine • Noir Lime • Proxy|
|Human Soldiers||Human Soldier • Grub • Blue Armored Grub • Red Armored Grub|
|Falkoks||Falkok • Phoenix Falkok • Sword Bot|
|Civil Security||Civil Security Lite • Civil Security Heavy • Civil Security Ghost • Civil Security Boss • Civil Security Riot|
|Usurpation Forces||Minor Usurpation Soldier • Major Usurpation Soldier • Usurpation Ranger • Advanced Usurpation Soldier • Usurpation Destroyer|
|Androids||Android T-01187 • Android SLC-56|
|Other||Drone Controller • Star Defender • Raven • Civil Protector • Reakhohsha Operative • Android ATM-105 • Falkok Boss • Android DT-148 • Zephyr • Hermes • Hexagon • Mining Android • Crossfire Headhunter • Crossfire Sentinel • Battlesuit M-5 • Silk • Vulture • Avre • Civilian|