The Grub, also known as the Cyber Grub or Yellow Android, is an alien enemy from Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past and a playable skin in Plazma Burst 2 custom maps. This enemy first made an appearance in the early levels of Plazma Burst: Forward to the past.
Although the Grub is not as well armored and not well armed (unlike its counterpart, the Elite Grub), it can still be a formidable foe. The grub is only known to carry a basic energy weapon that fires a single yellow projectile, but since the Grub has a cannon on each arm, it fires both simultaneously. They are first encountered on the second level of the first game, and last encountered on level 4.
The Grub skin was added into Plazma Burst 2 as a part of the Version 1.20 update. However, its Arm Cannon no longer works, possibly because of balance issues it would bring in, or simply engine constraints.
Grubs have an integrated single-shot/shotgun type weapon in their arm. The arm cannon fires a single yellow projectile and has a fairly slow fire rate, but it deals medium-high damage. The arm cannon is not a particularly dangerous, and can be avoided if a Grub is dispatched quickly. However, it does have high knock back. All Grubs, Elite included, found in Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past have some kind of variant of this weapon.
- This character has rather slow movement speed in Plazma Burst 2. This could be due to the armor.
- The Grubs were probably made to defend areas from intruders from trespassing if they breach most areas that the Human Soldiers are guarding.
- Grubs may attack the Human Soldiers occasionally if they see the Marine and the Human Soldiers at the same time. This possibility occurs due to the Marine being the same species as the Human Soldiers, and the Grubs probably gets confused on who to fire at.
- Some consider that the Grub looks like a large, humanoid bee.
- Because of their design and being located on an asteroid, the Grubs were originally known as a type of mining cyborg. This was later disproven by Eric Gurt.
- The Grubs are artificially made and farmed by Humans to provide backup help in battles.