OEDA CR-30 Rifle
The OEDA CR-30 Rifle is a burst-fire rifle in Plazma Burst 2. It is a small, low-damage assault rifle which is highly accurate. As a burst fire weapon, it is more comparable to the Combat Rifle CS-OICW in terms of performance, though when compared to other slot 2 weapons, the CR-30 suffers from its low damage per shot but benefits from its overall high accuracy and rate of fire. Despite having lower damage per shot however, the high accuracy of each burst makes this weapon a viable and useful contender at mid-long range combat in comparison to other slot 2 weapons, particularly precision weapons such as the Alien Rifle. At closer ranges, the weapon is outclassed and outpaced by rapid fire weapons such as the Assault Rifle C-01r, making the CR-30 an ill-suited weapon for close range engagements. It is better to pair the CR-30 with a close range weapon such as a shotgun or a pistol in order to make up for its weaknesses in close quarter battles while also having a simple loadout that covers a multitude of ranges.
In terms of appearance, the gun is mostly light gray, sharing the same color scheme as the OEDA EA-109H Launcher, with a part of the stock and the upper receiver being covered in a layer of industrial chrome to prevent wear, according to the artist. A basic optical sight is attached atop the upper receiver and an angled foregrip is mounted under the handguard. A detachable fixed-length stock with a large stock pad is connected to the rear end of the receiver. The lower receiver is considerably shorter than the upper receiver, and the frame of the weapon is comprised of three separate parts: the upper and lower receivers as well as a pistol grip. However, the lower receiver extends further than the upper receiver into the vented handguard. A low profile sight post is mounted on the front end at the top of the handguard. The barrel is simple, possessing no muzzle device attached to the end. The magazine is two tone in color, similar to the magazine on the Assault Rifle CS-RC.
- The CR-30 was added in version 1.32 and was originally made by Incompetence.
- The gun somewhat resembles the general design of AR-15 styled rifles visually, though it is intended to be a futuristic derivative of one despite not sharing general visual elements seen on the AR-15 platform. It is also intended to mirror the Assault Rifle AV-135, in that both are futuristic derivatives of the classic AR and AK platforms respectively, and can be seen as a counterpart to that weapon.
- Visually, the CR-30 more resembles a combination between the IWI ACE-N and modern AR-15 rifles.
- The "CR" designation stands for "Combat Rifle."
- It was previously called "Assault Rifle CR-30," before being renamed.
- According to the weapon artist, the current visual appearance of the CR-30 with its basic handguard and stock is a configuration meant for general field testing, and that the rifle itself is modular and highly customizable.
- https://www.plazmaburst2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=22844#p202359 Plazma Burst official forum > Plazma Burst Fan Art Submissions
- https://www.plazmaburst2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=23022#p203304 Plazma Burst official forum > Fan art 26 july