Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past
- Marine - The first character to appear in the on-going series. He is very quiet. He talks only to Noir Lime, near the end of the game. He is a protagonist of the game, as well as in PB2. He uses a variety of weapons, from Assault Rifles, to Plasma Cannons.
- Noir Lime - The second character in Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past. He is introduced near the end of Level 10, and you can play as him on two levels, Level 14 and Level 15. He talks to the Marine on some occasions, and only uses a rapid-fire SMG, exclusive to the first game.
- Human Soldiers - The main force in Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past. They are the first faction seen in the game. They wear blue armor, along with a helmet (although some don't use helmets in the early stages of the game) with a visor. Their visor can be either yellow, red, or blue. These soldiers use the Assault Rifle C-01r, Shotgun C-01s, and Pistol C-01p, while others use Rocket Launchers, or the deadly Plasma Cannon. They usually appear in groups of two or more, and almost never fight alone. They are hostile to the Protagonists.
- Grubs - Grubs are a form of native lifeform - which can be sculpted into formidable combat units - and are seen generally later in the game. They help fight alongside Human Soldiers. They use shotguns, Rocket Launchers, or Ray Rifles as Arm Cannons. There are two types of Grubs. The first is yellow in color and is the most common Grub. It only uses the grub shotgun, which has good stopping power. The second unit is the Elite Grub, which uses the other weapons, as well as having better armor. As well as the Human Soldiers, they are enemies against the player.
- Drones (FTP) - The third enemy seen, they are only seen once when you are in the Jeep, and attack on sight. Their faction is unknown.
- Falkoks - The second major faction found in the game. They are advanced, yet still comparable to humanity. This alien species uses high-tech Correction Nine weaponry against their foes. They have jet-packs, which are useful in battle. Falkoks employ a heavier variant, the Phoenix Falkok, which is the most powerful enemy in PB1. They only use the Plasma Cannon, and only appear in the last level. The Falkoks also have Robot Omega, a giant, powerful robot which injured Noir Lime before the Marine defeated it. They are the second alien life form in the series, and Robot Omega being the first android encountered, as the Grubs are alien lifeforms.
- Make absolutely sure to upgrade your armor, as well as your helmet.
- Always upgrade your weapons - as you progress, the enemies will get stronger as in HP and armor.
- Never purchase new weapons. By the time you can afford the next weapon, you will be able to pick them up in the stage.
- Grenades are quite useful. Don't be afraid to use them.
- When an enemy soldier hits/damages an ally, they will start trying to kill each other.
- Hold E in order to drag a dead enemy/ally. They can be used as body-shields.
- Many of the weapons here are related to guns later seen in Plazma Burst 2.
- This game uses cut scenes to represent the story.
- The Assault Rifle C-01r is the iconic loading screen picture of the first game.
- When fully upgraded, the Marine can fire two Pistols simultaneously, with increased fire rate.
- The Assault Rifle C-01 has a different firing sound effect than its Plazma Bust 2 version.
- All enemy skins have been added to Plazma Burst 2, other than the drones encountered in the jeep level.
- If you clear level 11 without having the Assault Rifle in your inventory, you'll get a free, fully upgraded one.
- Walls can't protect you against explosives, unlike Plazma Burst 2.
- If you find/buy the Rocket Launcher, your grenades count will be increased from 3 to 15 (for both Marine and Noir Lime). However, if you pick it up on a level, you'll have to finish that level before you get more grenades.
- Plazma Burst: Forward to the Past has previous version called Plazma Burst 1.6, (re-released by Eric Gurt in 2010 in order to implement Coolbuddy's ads). PB1.6 features slightly different skins, backgrounds, objects, and only contains 10 playable levels. It is notably harder than final version.
- Levels can be repeated in order to farm money to make the game easier.