The Shotgun NXS-25 is a powerful shotgun in Plazma Burst 2, manufacturered by the Nexxon Corporation, a community-made faction. The weapon is especially deadly at point-blank range, where it can easily kill an enemy with one shot to the head. The weapon deals incredible amounts of damage per shot, but suffers from a wide spread and slower fire rate identical to the Android Shotgun. However, it outclasses other shotguns in wall penetration, being able to shoot through three blocks with ease. The NXS-25 excels up close at distances closer to point blank range due to its massive spread, which hinders its effective range considerably at longer distances very quickly. The shotgun however compensates for this low accuracy by delivering exceptional damage amidst shotguns of its class and is very effective in its intended distances, making the performance of the NXS-25 a direct rival to shotguns like the Shotgun CS-DAZ. Weapons with either lower spread or faster rate of fire can directly beat the NXS-25 in engagements, such as the Falkonian Shotgun, Alien Shotgun, and the Scavenger Shotgun. The wider spread and lower effective range of the NXS-25 necessitates the pairing of a longer range weapon to make up for the range loss and to cover longer distances.
The NXS-25 is comprised of a simple two-tone stockless frame, which features an animated pump that moves after each shot is fired, much like the Shotgun CS-DAZ. The body of the gun is entirely tan and dark gray, with the only exception being a small cyan light that blinks orange when the gun is unloaded. A blue laser, similar to that seen on the Assault Rifle CS-RC, is also emitted from the front end of the weapon.
- The Shotgun NXS-25 was added as part of version 1.32, and was originally created by thetoppestkek.
- It was originally intended to be named 'Nexxon Shotgun Model 97', however this was never seen in the game.
- The weapon, according to the creator, is manufactured by the Nexxon Corporation, a private military company, which is currently considered non-canon within the game.
- For a short amount of time, the shotgun was unfinished and was accompanied in-game by the text "Finish me =( thetoppestkek is on the way", which referred to the fact the artist was not able to be reached by Eric Gurt for a short amount of time, due to being on a long commute without access to the internet.
- https://www.plazmaburst2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=22844&start=60#p203150 Plazma Burst official forum > Plazma Burst Fan Art Submissions